Recipe by Carol in Oz
My mom's recipe for soft and tender spice cookies that are pure comfort food! These freeze well, but they won't last long enough to freeze!
Top Review by Cat Berner
These are tasty little cookies, thanks for posting the recipe. The only change I made was to decrease the cloves by half, I thought the full amount might be a little too spicy for us. They were the perfect treat for a cold, snowy day.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add egg and apple sauce to butter mixture and beat well.
- Add flour til smooth.
- Stir in baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add raisins to mixture and drop from teaspoon onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350C until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.