1/2 Photos of Spelt and Kamut Salad
1 hr 5 mins
This is a very healthy grain salad. I have tried to duplicate the one I buy at the Overwaite deli. It is close but not completely there. Still this is very tasty. You do not want large servings ( apprx 1/2 cup serving) - it is very filling and intended to be served as a side dish. I like to have tomatoes and lettuce along with it or any other green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup spelt
- 1/2 cup kamut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1Bring apprx 4 cups of water to a boil, add the Spelt and Kamut, return to boil.
- 2Reduce heat to low, cook covered until the kernals are tender (apprx 45 minutes).
- 3Drain well and set aside to cool.
- 4Whisk together the dressing ingredients,starting with the vinegar, honey & mustard, add the oil slowly whisking all the while, finally whisk in the shallots, ginger & cilantro.
- 5When the spelt & Kamut are at room temp mix in the cranberries, red pepper & sweet onion.
- 6Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, mix well, Cover and refrigerate over night.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spelt and Kamut Salad
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: