1/1 Photo of Speculaas Tart With Almond Filling
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe looks spectacular! Use a two-inch gingerbread-man cutter to make the cookies for the topping. Taken from Epicurious.com and posted for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1For filling:.
- 2Blend first 8 ingredients in processor until nuts are finely chopped.
- 3Transfer to small bowl.
- 4Cover; chill at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- 5For dough:.
- 6Sift first 6 ingredients into medium bowl.
- 7Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl until blended; beat in egg.
- 8Add flour mixture and beat until moist clumps form.
- 9Gather dough into ball; divide into 2 pieces, 1 slightly larger than the other. Flatten dough into disks; wrap and chill at least 2 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead; keep chilled. Soften slightly before rolling.).
- 10Preheat oven to 325°F
- 11Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan.
- 12Roll out larger dough piece on lightly floured surface to 13-inch round. Transfer to pan and press gently over bottom and up sides, pressing any tears together.
- 13Spread filling in dough.
- 14Trim dough on sides to 1/2 inch above level of filling.
- 15Fold dough in over filling.
- 16Roll out second dough disk on lightly floured surface to 12- to 13-inch round.
- 17Using bottom of cake pan as aid, cut out 9-inch-diameter round of dough. Slide dough round onto plate and freeze 5 minutes to firm. (Reserve dough scraps for cookies.)
- 18Place chilled dough round on tart; press to adhere and seal edges.
- 19Bake tart until crust is brown, about 50 minutes.
- 20Remove sides of springform pan; cool tart completely on pan bottom. Maintain oven temperature.
- 21Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 22Roll out dough scraps on lightly floured surface to scant 1/4-inch thickness.
- 23Using 2-inch gingerbread-man cutter, cut out cookies.
- 24Transfer cutouts to prepared sheets. Repeat, using all of dough.
- 25Bake cookies until golden, about 8 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets. (Tart and cookies can be made ahead; cover and store at room temperature 1 day or refrigerate up to 3 days.).
- 26Sift powdered sugar over top of tart.
- 27Place small dab of preserves on back of 1 cookie; place at top edge of tart; repeat with more cookies, forming border around tart.
- 28Transfer tart to platter.
- 29Let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Speculaas Tart With Almond Filling
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.7
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.8 mg
- Sodium 135.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 8.1 g