Prep 0 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup poppy seed
- 1⁄3 cup barley
- 1⁄2-1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons dry yeast
- Spread sunflower seeds on dry surface and roll with rolling pin just enough to break them, not crush them.
- Mix all liquid ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Heat until warm.
- Turn off heat and add dry yeast but do not stir.
- After it has sat for 5 minutes.
- stir until mixed.
- While waiting for the liquids (5 minutes.) mix all of your dry ingredients together.
- Form a well in the middle.
- Gradually add and stir with wooden spoon.
- Keep an extra cup of warm water near.
- Add if needed.
- Dough must stay moist and sticky-not dry.
- Pour mixture onto a dry floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Add flour as needed but dough must stay soft.
- Form a large ball and divide in two pieces.
- Shape into loaves and place into regular size loaf pans.
- Let rise for 1-1 1/2 hrs.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- or until pulling away from sides.
- Do not raise the dough 2 times.
- Also do not preheat oven.
- This is a dense bread, but very moist.
- Try it fresh from the oven with spreadable honey.