Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my most requested recipes. The brown sugar on top (which was my own idea) makes it special.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients except for brown sugar and beat on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and generously sprinkle top with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 F for 55-65 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Slice when cool.
I made these as muffins.. Baked them for 25 to 30 minutes. made about 1-1/2 dozen
Great Banana Nut Bread! The only variation I made was to use 1/4 cup sour cream and add water to make 3/4 cup over milk. I have found with quick breads this helps in the "moist" department. This recipe came together easily, tasted fantastic and the top was to die for. Mine cooked for 60 minutes-I got one loaf plus one mini loaf. Thanks for posting!
Love this bread!