Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My husband loves these little egg noodles with a roast.
- Beat eggs, milk, flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Can allow mixture to sit until ready to cook.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt liberally to boiling water.
- Force dough through large holes of a colander/drainer directly into boiling water.
- Make in batches and do not overload the pot.
- Bring each batch back to a boil.
- Noodles are done when they float.
- Remove with a strainer and keep warm while cooking remainder.
- Toss each batch with a little of the butter.
- Serve with gravy.
These are GREAT!!! I especially like spatzles mixed with green beans or sauteed in a little butter with a little onion...YUM!!! Froze some for later use. THANKS!!!!!
These are delicious little noodles...and so versatile! I tried them with sour cream and sauteed onions. Would also be great with garlic and butter or a creamy cheese sauce.
Loved it! Great with sauteed butter and onions, then mixed with sour cream!