- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan on top of stove.
- Add chopped onion, green peppers and celery; simmer until onions are translucent but not browned.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add tomatoes, seasonings and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Serve hot on omelets, pork chops or veal cutlets.