Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from an era long past when my parents were giving vegetarianism a whirl. You can also add 1 cup of chopped green onion, and spice it with garlic or onion powder, or a sprinkling of parsley.
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled,chopped fine
- 4 ounces black olives, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (optional)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 dozen French roll
- Cut rolls lengthwise; remove inner bread being careful to not make holes straight through.
- Fill with cheese, egg, olive, oil, and tomato sauce mix.
- Close sandwich; wrap in foil.
- Bake 30 minutes at 300*f.