- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium high heat until beef is browned, 8-10 minutes. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes with their liquid, tomato paste, water, cumin and chiles.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover pan and simmer over low heat 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in salt and pepper.