Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 365 One Dish Meals. DH loves this sort of thing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium high heat until beef is browned, 8-10 minutes. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes with their liquid, tomato paste, water, cumin and chiles.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover pan and simmer over low heat 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in salt and pepper.
My DH loves this sort of thing as well. Quick and easy to make, and I liked that it only requires one skillet to make. For me, the rice took slightly longer to cook (about 40 minutes).