Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Tasty sweet but bitty flavor!
- 4 cups cooked short-grain rice
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (red, orange and yellow)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. cook rice to directions.
- 2. 3 tbsps butter, garlic, onions, peppers, steak season, salt, tumeric, pepper, chili powder, mustard powder in a large frying pan till tender over medium heat.
- 3. add chives,sugar, brown sugar and tomatoes and and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- 4. place rice in crock pot, spread pats of butter on top, pour tomatoe mixture over rice add minced onions and chedder, cook on low for 4 hours, stir occasionaly, serve.