Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been making this for about 30 years and we never seem to get tired of it. Iit is easy and very tasty.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice (you can also use, minute rice)
- 14 1⁄2-29 ounces canned tomatoes (diced tomatoes work)
- 2 cups hot water (maybe a little more)
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a large skillet or pot, cook beef until lightly browned.
- Add onion, green pepper and cook until tender.
- Drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer about 35 minutes, stirring once, until rice is done.