Recipe by Debbwl
This is a very tasty and unique soup for two. However it will need to be made as written, any changes and that great wonderful full bodied taste will go right out the window.
Top Review by lanurse1
I love that recipe, I got it from the book Better Homes and Gardens (Meals for one or two) !! I've been making it since I received the collection in 1984!!! I like it the way it is but from time to time, I add something like garlic and bifteak spices from Bifteck de Montr?al, and sometimes if I don't have any wine on hand, I replace it with beer and it's different a bit but still as good !!!! we do have to inovate after a couple of years!!!
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 ounces mushrooms, stems and pieces
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In sauce pan cook beef till browned; drain fat.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 salt and dash pepper.
- Add tomato sauce, carrot, mushrooms, onion, olives, and sugar. Stir in water and wine.
- Cover; simmer for 30 minutes or till carrot is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle individual servings with grated parmesan cheese.