Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spanish Garlic Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup garlic, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups bread cubes (1-inch cubes, I use pumpernickel)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Heat oil (medium heat) in large saucepan.
- Saute garlic, 4 minutes or until brown.
- Add water and broth, bring to boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer for 25 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Add bread, paprika, salt.
- Stir to break up bread pieces (I cut them up).
- Add eggs, gradually, while stirring, to form long threads.
- Makes 8 cups.