Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are great with drinks or as a snack. So easy to make. I got the recipe from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Mediterranean Cooking.
- 1 cup whole blanched marcona almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, stirring once or twice until just beginning to color.
- Transfer to a plate and let cool 10 minute.
- Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat and fry the almonds for 2-3 minute.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel covered plate to drain and cool.
- Put the nuts in a bowl and add the thyme leaves and salt. Toss,.
- They keep up to 3 days if covered.