Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Real comfort food!. A delightful typical Spanish main dish specially made when Easter comes.
- 400 -500 g dried garbanzo beans
- 1 italian green pepper
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 1 white onion
- 200 g salt cod fish
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (to taste)
- 1 small potato
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- The night before you have to desalt the cod in a bowl with water (change the water two or three times). Use another large bowl with water and put the dried chickpeas inside.
- Cut the potato in cubes, deseed the pepper,peel the onion. Cut the cod in portions.
- In a pressured cooker put all the ingredients and add water to cover it all. Let it cook for about 20 minutes or until chickpeas are done.
- Add now some salt and pepper if necessary. You can remove the garlic head, garlic, tomato and pepper or mince them. Serve hot.