Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is a really great way to prepare cauliflower.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Break the cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling salted water for 5 minutes Drain.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, sugar, salt, pepper and cracker crumbs.
- Stir in the green peppers, tomatoes, onion 1 1/4 cup cheese and drained cauliflower.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 1 hour.
Wow, my husband and I enjoyed this cauliflower. I will be making this again!
I decided not to add stars because I did not add cheese. I thought that deviated too much from the recipe to be fair. However, I did everything else the same. I throughly enjoyed this. The cracker, onion, tomato, sugar mixture really pepped up the ol' cauliflower! Even hubby eat his helping.
Absolutely delicious! My husband even asked for seconds. I used red bell peppers instead of green but I don't think that would have made any difference.