Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This started out as a ham and swiss cheese wreath but the kids like it better with Spam and cheddar. It is actually quite tasty and has become a favorite at our house. I was having problems finding canned ham at our market and tried it with Spam, surprisingly, it was saltier with the ham than with Spam.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (8 ounce) can ham (or approx 1/2 large can of Spam)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- After you have made this once, you can play with the ingredients- I like TONS of broccoli and just a little Spam and Cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Place in large microwaveable bowl.
- Add 2 Tablespoons water and the chopped onion.
- Microwave approx 1 1/2 minutes (Just to"tenderize" the broccoli).
- Cut Spam into tiny cubes and saute in small frying pan just to brown the meat.
- Remove Broccoli from microwave, drain the water off and add the mustard, spam& cheese.
- Cover a cookie sheet pan with foil.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place in a circle on the sheet pan.
- The wide ends of the rolls should be overlapping in the middle with the pointed ends hanging off the side of the pan (See Photos).
- Place the Spam mixture in a circle around the wide ends on the cookie sheet.
- Fold the pointed ends over the mixture and tuck underneath.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown.
- (Lift one of the rolls and look underneath to be sure it has browned and is not mushy or raw dough).
I used baked ham lunchmeat in place of the spam and used half grated cheddar and half smoked gouda. I used what I had on hand. Any type of your favorite cheese will do. I also used deli brown mustard and will try dijon next time. It was a delicious quick dinner.