Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is easy, quick and full of flavor. To re-hydrate the sun-dried tomatoes add boiling water to cover and let them sit for 15 minutes until soft, or bring water and sun-dried tomatoes to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. You can also microwave them with a little water for 1 minute, be sure to drain before using.
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, broken into thrids
- 3 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, rehydrated
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes, seeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the package directions, or until still firm to the bite. During the last minute of cooking add the broccoli. Drain, rinse with cold water and place in a serving bowl.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add to the pasta, along with the tomatoes, oil, garlic, chili sauce, basil, salt, pepper and cheese. Toss and serve immediately.