Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another delicious-sounding recipe from Food Network magazine. Very simple ingredients, but rich on flavor.
- kosher salt (for boiling pasta)
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb Italian sausage (sweet or hot with casings removed)
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms (mixed)
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- shredded parmesan cheese, for topping
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the spaghetti and cook as package directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the skillet and increase the heat to medium-high. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and rosemary and cook, stirring 1 minute. Return the sausage to the skillet, then add the cream and 1 cup water; bring to a gentle simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spaghetti to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Top with shredded parmesan, if desired.
Very good! I used the spicy sausage option. It was quick and easy to make. Thanks for sharing!
I cut the recipe in half...and there were 3 nice size servings...hubby went back for seconds and filled his bowl full...nothing was left in the pan...he loved it...this has the comfort food taste to it...not the most attractive dish...but it sure is yummy...I used the sweet sausage but think I will try the hot next time...this is a keeper...made for "For your consideration" tag game...=)
Delicious recipe. Came together quickly and easily. I had some mixed dried mushrooms, which i added to a package of baby bellas. :)