Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
very meaty spaghetti sauce!
- 13 1⁄4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce (any kind you like)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain, set aside.
- In same pan, sautee mushrooms, pepper, and onion until firm.
- Put sauce in pan and add veggies and ground beef.
- While sauce in warming cook pasta per package directions.
- Sauce is ready when hot.
- Drain pasta and cover with sauce, add parmasean cheese if desired.
I got a bunch of Ragu marinara free with coupons so I decided to use this recipe to try and spruce it up. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the mushrooms and I used Dreamfield pasta instead of whole wheat. This got mixed reviews at our house. My son and I liked it but hubby was not fond of it. He said it tasted like stuffed peppers. This just meant more for my son and I.