1/3 Photos of Spaghetti With Creamy Tomato Meat Sauce & Cheese Topping (Li
A great light recipe from Rose Reisman. You can prepare sauce up to 2 days in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 591.47 ml pasta sauce
- 7.39 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- 340.19 g spaghetti
- 354.88 ml low-fat sour cream
- 354.88 ml light ricotta cheese
- 56.69 g light cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 13x9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In a nonstick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in beef; cook for 5 minutes, or until no longer pink, stirring to break up meat. Stir in tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook for 10 minutes, covered.
- 3Meanwhile, in pot of boiling water, cook spaghetti for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm; drain. In a food processor, combine sour cream, cheeses, and salt and pepper; purée until smooth.
- 4Place drained spaghetti in baking dish. Spoon sour cream mixture on top of spaghetti, mixing well. Spoon tomato sauce evenly over top. Mix together topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole.
- 5Bake in centre of oven for 20 minutes. Spoon out to serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Creamy Tomato Meat Sauce & Cheese Topping (Li
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.4
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 567.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lowfat mozzarella cheese