Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
This should be turning into a drill.. Time Life Great Taste Low Fat
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 slices bread, see note
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth, meatless option or 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, meat option
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, rinse drained
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder or 1 medium hot chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- The bread should be firm textured white sandwich torn to pieces. Cut the Zucchini into thin slices after quartering. For Vegetarian/Vegan use meatless option.
- In saucepan of boiling water, cook garlic for 3 minutes to blanch. Drain and cool. In medium bowl, stir together with the bread and broth until liquid is absorbed. Transfer bread mix to processor along with garlic, peppers, walnuts, parsley, chili powder, salt, pepper and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil to hot but not smoking over medium heat. Add zucchini to cook. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes or until zucchini has softened. Add tomatoes and cook stirring frequently until mix is slightly thickened about 5 minutes then stir in the pepper puree.
- In large pot of boiling water cook spaghetti until just tender. Drain well. Add to sauce and toss to combine. Place in bowl and serve.
- You may also use thinly sliced french or Italian bread. YOu can make the pepper puree up to two days ahead and refrigerate. Return to room temp before using. You can use the puree for baked potatoes, cooked vegetables also.