That is Dr House to you's Note:
This should be turning into a drill.. Time Life Great Taste Low Fat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 slices bread, see note
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth, meatless option or 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, meat option
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, rinse drained
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder or 1 medium hot chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1The bread should be firm textured white sandwich torn to pieces. Cut the Zucchini into thin slices after quartering. For Vegetarian/Vegan use meatless option.
- 2In saucepan of boiling water, cook garlic for 3 minutes to blanch. Drain and cool. In medium bowl, stir together with the bread and broth until liquid is absorbed. Transfer bread mix to processor along with garlic, peppers, walnuts, parsley, chili powder, salt, pepper and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- 3Heat oil to hot but not smoking over medium heat. Add zucchini to cook. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes or until zucchini has softened. Add tomatoes and cook stirring frequently until mix is slightly thickened about 5 minutes then stir in the pepper puree.
- 4In large pot of boiling water cook spaghetti until just tender. Drain well. Add to sauce and toss to combine. Place in bowl and serve.
- 5You may also use thinly sliced french or Italian bread. YOu can make the pepper puree up to two days ahead and refrigerate. Return to room temp before using. You can use the puree for baked potatoes, cooked vegetables also.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Chili Agliata
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.9
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1561.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium vegetable broth