Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Great tasting & healthy too. A perfect alternative for when you're really craving pasta, but don't want to give in to the calories and carbs! From Quick & Simple Jan 2007.
- 1 (4 lb) spaghetti squash
- 4 Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed (about 12 oz.total)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash)
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup chopped Baby Spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mist a 9x13 baking pan with Pam. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and place cut side down in baking pan. Bake 45 minutes until tender.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool slightly. Remove squash from pan, and using a fork, scrape out flesh back into pan. Spread out slightly.
- Mist a large skillet with Pam. Crumble sausage into skillet and cook over med-high heat until no longer pink, breaking into small pieces with spoon. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp parmesan cheese and 1 tsp Mrs. Dash over squash. Top with tomato spinach and crumbled sausage; sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp parmesan and remaining 1 teaspoons seasoning. Lightly coat the mixture's surface with Pam.
- Bake 20-25 minutes more, or until casserole heats through and cheese melts.
Loved this! I sauteed onions and garlic with the sausage. Thanks for posting!
I am giving this 5 stars because it is so easy, healthy and quick! Even my son loved it! He has never had spaghettin squash before and really enjoyed it. It has all the great taste without the pasta. You feel full, but not stuffed! I used a little more fresh spinach and tomatoes. Great light dinner! I will make this often.