Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I don't remember where I got this but it is very good. A nice meal for a buffet table or for a quick supper.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pasta (preferably spaghetti or bocatini)
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk (can be substituted with light cream)
- 1 cup finely grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 3 -4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces diced prosciutto or 12 ounces ham
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (add to water for pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, oil, milk, cheese, parsley, black pepper and beat very well. Add your soppressata/prosciutto/ham and mozzarella and mix thoroughly.
- Now add your pasta and toss well. Grease a baking pan (10-by-3 inch round)* and pour the mix inches Bake at preheated oven 375 degrees for 40 minutes with foil cover, and then cook additional 20 minutes without the foil for crispy golden top.
- Remove to a rack to cool, about 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to unmold. Cut into wedges.