1/1 Photo of Spaghetti Della Carne Di Cervo(Aka Venison Spaghetti)
3 hrs 30 mins
Had to use us some of that fresh deer meat in the freezer so I threw this together based on my wife's usual "ragu" sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed then chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled finely chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb white mushroom, washed sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can petitie diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup merlot (optional)
- olive oil (evoo)
- 1Sauté onions, celery and garlic in very large pot in 2 tablespoons olive oil until almost translucent.
- 2Add meats, carrots and begin to cook until meat is done.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients: canned tomatoes and sauce and mushrooms and spices, Worcestershire and wine.
- 4Simmer for a few hours--the longer the better stirring occasionally.
- 5Serve over favorite pasta with some garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Della Carne Di Cervo(Aka Venison Spaghetti)
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 654.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 15.1 g