Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spaghetti with Chicken, Sausage, and Pepper Sauce
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage link, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped, including the juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- In a large saucepan saute the onion, the garlic, and the bell pepper in the olive oil over moderately high heat, stirring, until the vegetables begin to brown.
- Add the chicken, the sausage, the tomatoes with the juice, the wine, the oregano, the basil, and the sugar and boil the mixture gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- While the mixture is boiling, in a kettle of boiling salted water boil the spaghetti until it is 'al dente' and drain it well.
- To the tomato mixture add the cream and salt and pepper to taste and simmer the sauce for 3 minutes, or until it is thickened slightly.
- Divide the spaghetti between 2 plates and spoon the sauce over it.
Total comfort food, rich and satifying, pasta at its best!!! Simply prepared, we very much enjoyed this, I highly recommend it. Thank you for sharing, MsPia, made for PRMR tag game
Made for my wife's TV night with her friends and a total hit! If you like more sauce I would recommend 12 oz sauce along with the recommended prep insructions. I used left over chicken and added before the cream addition.