Recipe by Martin Felice
I like this recipe because it taste like a meaty bolognese sauce,and it is a recipe made by myself 10 years ago.
Top Review by LUv 2 BaKE
I really liked this sauce. It's a lot different than a regular pasta sauce because of the unique spices, which makes it really special. This was my first time using TVP, and it definietly has gotten me hooked. I used TVP slices, so the actually had bite sized chunks rather than granules. Thanks for such a positive intro to TVP!
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, mixed with
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 250 g commercial tomato sauce
- spaghetti or other pastas, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions in the oil until soft but not brown.
- Cut the carrots in small-diced, and add to the onions.
- Add the curry, spices and parsley.
- Add garlic.
- Stir in tomato paste, then TVP mixed with 3 cups water.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Fry, stirring occasionally until TVP is cooked.
- Add the tomatoes sauce.
- Serve on pasta with Parmesan cheese.
- It could be used for any pasta or Lasghana.