Recipe by Julie B's Hive
More of a how-to than an actual recipe as this begins with 10 of your favorite white cupcakes, either from a box or homemade. Fun to make, fun to serve, and no fancy equipment needed either. I used a #7 tip to pipe on the spaghetti but you can use a Ziploc and snip off a corner if the other isn't available. Zaar editor would not recognize the 11 hazelnut chocolates (Ferrero Rocher) needed for an all-important part of the presentation...the meatballs! Please keep that in mind.
- 10 vanilla cupcakes, baked in white paper liners
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 3⁄4 cup low-sugar strawberry preserves (best for color)
- 2 tablespoons grated white chocolate, plus an additional chunk (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use both the unsweetened cocoa powder and yellow food coloring to tint the icing. Spread a thin layer on top of each of the 10 cupcakes and arrange on a platter, four down the center and three on each side. Place so they are just touching each other. This will form the bed for your "pasta".
- Put remaing icing in a pastry bag, press the air out then seal. Using a plain tip pipe the icing all over the cupcakes to look like spaghetti letting some fall over the sides of the cupcakes for an authentic look.
- Place the hazelnuts and strawbery preserves in a bowl and toss to coat Spoon a bit of the preserves on top of each cupcake then place a hazelnut (meatball) on each and let that extra meatball fall on the side of the platter. Sprinkle with the grated white chocolate (parmesan). Place the chocolate chunk on a small plate along with a mini grater and bring to the table when you serve your spaghetti dessert.
- Enjoy your spaghetti & meatballs!