Recipe by ozzygirl
This is a really light delicious spaghetti recipe which can be adapted to suit your own tastes. It is really yummy and easy on the waistline! We always have this dish with fresh crusty bread.
Top Review by JeriBinNC
I had one of those giant zucchini that are so common this time of year and didn't want to make zucchini bread. I came across this recipe while looking for something else to do with it. Since it was huge, I shredded it instead of slicing it, and I used regular tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes. Other than that, I made it pretty much as written. It was quick, easy, and tastes like summer. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!
- olive oil
- 3 -4 large garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 6 -8 large fresh basil leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1 very small onion, finely chopped
- cherry tomatoes (1 punnet)
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare your ingredients.
- Boil water for the spaghetti and when ready add enough spaghetti for 4 people.
- In a separate fry pan add olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan) - approx 6 tablespoons.
- Heat gently and add onion, garlic and zucchini. Gently fry for a few minutes turning the contents often.
- About 2-3 minutes before the spaghetti is ready, add the basil and tomato's. Fold gently so as to absorb the oil.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the fry pan in batches, stirring the ingredients into the spaghetti as you add.
- Season with salt & pepper and serve with parmesan cheese.