Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have made this recipe for 5 years and everyone loves it. Just recently I have been trying to make things healthier for my diabetic mother-in-law so you can switch it up.
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) box spaghetti noodles (Healthy Harvest)
- 1 lb hamburger (turkey)
- 1⁄2 lb roll of pork sausage (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup of minced onion
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- italian seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) packet spaghetti sauce mix (optional)
- fresh garlic or garlic powder
- Brown burger with minced onion. You can add as much onion as you like, I add a lot.
- Brown sausage in separate pan.
- Boil noodles as directed on box.
- Heat up sauce in a decent size pan because you will be adding sausage and hamburger into it. Add sauce packet but don't add water. It's got a wonderful flavor. Add garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Drain grease from burger and add to sauce.
- If you'd like, drain sausage and add. I like the flavor of the sausage with the sauce so I add a little.
- Simmer until done. Enjoy.