Recipe by Sunil Sekhri
Very tasty subzi
Top Review by Sudika
Hi Sunil This is how we make make methi in South Africa, its very pupular like this. WE also add about 1/2 cup peas or sometimes a potato to the dish. However i am sure u meant 1/2 kg fenugreek leaves in your recipe and not seeds. I am sure it would be awful if you put 1/2kg methis seeds in the recipe. Please correct
- 1⁄2 kg fenugreek leaves, washed and chopped (Methi)
- 1 cup soya granules
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (zeera)
- 3 pieces red chilies
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons green coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup tomato puree
Directions See How It's Made
- soak soyr granules in water and vinegar for 15 minute and drain excess water.
- heat oil, add zeera and red chili. when they change colour a little, remove red chili and keep aside.
- Add soya granules and sauté till they darken a bit.
- Add cabbage and ginger. Sauté over high heat till cabbage looks glossy.
- Mix garam masala, salt, dhania, red chili powder and tomato puree, lower heat and cook uncovered. Stir occasionally till it is fried.
- Add methi and soya and mix well. Cook till methi is cooked.
- Garnish with red chili whole.
- Serve hot.