This twist on the classic garlic mayonnaise is as simple as blending mayo and fresh ginger in a processor. "I'm a chef at a place called Slightly North of Broad in Charleston, I don't let my cooking at home get too complicated," says Chef Joe Dion of North Charleston, South Carolina. "Whenever I have the chance I enjoy getting together with friends and cooking for them" This dish is awesome! With the right blending of Asian seasonings, it was a delight to eat. Bon Apetit, April 2005 -- Joe Dion, North Charleston, SC. Marinating time 30 minutes up to an hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
MARINADE FOR SHRIMP
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sake or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 deveined peeled uncooked large shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1Combine soy sauce, green onions, 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, sake, brown sugar, curshed red pepper flakes, and garlic in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish; whisk marinade to blend.
- 2Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- 3Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour, turning shrimp occasionally.
- 4Blend mayonnaise and ginger in food processor until smooth.
- 5Transfer ginger aioli to small bowl and refrigerate.
- 6Drain marinade from shrimp into small saucepan; bring to boil.
- 7Whisk 2 tablespoons boiled marinade into ginger aioli; reserve remaining boiled marinade.
- 8Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Add shrimp; sauté until just opaque in center, about 4 minutes.
- 10Mound rice in center of plates.
- 11Arrange shrimp around rice; drizzle with ginger aioli.
- 12Serve, passing reserved boiled marinade.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soy-Sake Shrimp With Ginger Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.9
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.1 mg
- Sodium 2494.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 13.1 g