Prep 4 hrs
Cook 14 mins
I always see thresher shark on sale at the store and decided to use a simple marinade that I have come up with over the years to tenderize and then broil it. Everyone that has tried it has loved it so far, hope you do too!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb of thresher shark steak
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar (more if desired to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- Cut the shark into manageable sized steaks (4"x4" squares 1" thick roughly) or sized as desired.
- Combine all of the ingredients besides the shark in a bowl and whisk together thoroughly. Taste and add sugar as desired but not much more than 1.5 tablespoons.
- In a narrow baking dish lay the fish down and pour the mixed marinade over it. It is important to make sure that the shark steaks are covered with the marinade so use whatever dish necessary to ensure this.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Allow to marinade for at least 1 hour but 3 hours or more is preferred.
- heat oven broiler to high.
- place the fish pieces on a lightly greased metal broiling pan and pour some marinade over them so there is a very shallow layer in the bottom of the pan.
- place in the broiler and cook for 5 minutes roughly 4 inches from the broiler flame.
- flip the shark pieces and cook for 5 minutes more or until fish flakes when prodded with a fork.
- remove and let sit for 1 minute or so and then serve with rice or greens (or both!).
- :-) enjoy!