Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This is a greek recipe posted for ZWT4. I got this recipe from All recipes with a few variations.
Top Review by diner524
Great and different souvlaki!!! I served this with some Greek potatoes and green beans for a awesome dinner!!! I didn't taste the lemon as much as I normally have in other souvlaki recipes, but it was still so tasty!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for "Best of 2013".
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium purple onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano and garlic in a large container.
- Add Pork, onions, and peppers mixing well.
- Cover the mixture and put in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Using skewers that have been soaked in water thread on peppers, onions, and meat.
- Preheat barbecue for medium.
- Lightly oil grate.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning skewers often.
- Cook to desired doneness.