Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A hearty & tasty soup that's great when it's cold outside or for when you need to throw together a quick and easy meal during the workweek.
- 1 can diced Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 can chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can cut green beans, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package corn tortillas, cut into small stips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the vegetables, water and taco seasoning mix into a 4 qt pot and mix well.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Then add tortilla strips and stir well, bring back to a boil, then lower heat a little and cook for another 10 minutes.
- The tortillas will break up and the soup will thicken.
- Add cheese and mix well.