1/1 Photo of Southwestern Style Manicotti - Vegetarian
1 hr 10 mins
Something I came up for our weekly "veggie night". We thought it was pretty good. A couple 15oz cans of black beans can be substituted for the dried ones to save time. This would be very good with some shredded cheddar added to the top if it as well. Prep time includes time to cook the lentils and pasta (which can be done at the same time) but not time to cook the beans, since most people will likely opt to used canned.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare both kinds of beans according to package directions.
- 2Cook pasta to a little less than al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water til cool enough to handle.
- 3Mix cooked lentils, cooked black beans, diced fresh tomato, diced onion, salsa, and cumin in a medium sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- 5Fill pasta with bean mixture and line up in a 13x9 baking dish that has been misted with olive oil.
- 6Cover filled pasta with both tins of diced tomatoes and sprinkle top with chopped cilantro.
- 7Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven about 30 mins or until bubbly.
- 8Removed from oven and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Style Manicotti - Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.5
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 404.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 18.2 g