Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a dish that takes mashed potatoes to center stage and really "kicks them up a notch"
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup milk (I use skim)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) canhormels chili without beans
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- Peel and boil the potatoes in well salted water.
- Rice the potatoes or mash them your usual way and them stir in the milk, butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and green onion.
- Pour out onto a serving platter and make a well in the center with a large spoon.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chili according to package and pour into the well you formed in the potatoes.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and serve.