This is a dish that takes mashed potatoes to center stage and really "kicks them up a notch"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and boil the potatoes in well salted water.
- 2Rice the potatoes or mash them your usual way and them stir in the milk, butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and green onion.
- 3Pour out onto a serving platter and make a well in the center with a large spoon.
- 4In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chili according to package and pour into the well you formed in the potatoes.
- 5Sprinkle on the cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.8
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.7 mg
- Sodium 665.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper