Very easy, flavorful soup. Low in calories. This was out of a newspaper--food section. Made in crock pot, so easy in summer.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped up
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry enchilada mix
- 1 (12 count) package white corn tortillas
- In a large skillet, saute the cut up chicken (I cut in thin strips).
- Saute in the hot oil until lightly browned.
- Transfer to a crock pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Cut tortilla strips thin and fry in hot oil until browned.
- Top each bowl of soup with tortilla strips and shredded cheese.