1/2 Photos of Southwestern Enchilada Chicken Soup
6 hrs 15 mins
out of here's Note:
Very easy, flavorful soup. Low in calories. This was out of a newspaper--food section. Made in crock pot, so easy in summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped up
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry enchilada mix
- 1 (12 count) package white corn tortillas
- 1In a large skillet, saute the cut up chicken (I cut in thin strips).
- 2Saute in the hot oil until lightly browned.
- 3Transfer to a crock pot.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 5Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- 6Cut tortilla strips thin and fry in hot oil until browned.
- 7Top each bowl of soup with tortilla strips and shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Enchilada Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 948.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry enchilada mix