Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from Southern Living 1994 Annual Recipes. I've adapted it to our tastes. It goes very well with Mexican Cranberries and Barbeque turkey.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cansof chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cornbread, crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven; add onion and celery; and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until tender.
- Stir in broth and next 7 ingredients. Add cornbread crumbs and pecans, tossing until moistened; spoon into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.