Recipe by chris_tam
I love avocados so when I discovered this recipe in my Dinner Doctor cookbook I just knew I had to try it--an instant success!
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- creole seasoning or salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the coleslaw mix and onion in a serving bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir the cumin into the salad dressing. Pour salad dressing over the slaw, tossing to coat it well.
- Fold in the avocado cubes and season with creole seasoning and pepper to taste.
- Wipe the rim of the bowl clean with a paper towel and sprinkle the cilantro on top of the slaw.
- Serve the slaw at once or cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours.