Southwestern Cole Slaw
- Ready In:
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, minced (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- salt, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, tossing to mix.
- Let the mixture marinate at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours before serving. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this as a topper for pulled pork for a party I was attending. I have my coleslaw recipe that I use for a side dish, but wanted something lighter and more refreshing, and this was perfect! I used a bag of premade coleslaw mix so I tripled the recipe for the dressing. It is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
I went back and forth as to how to rate this one, having enjoyed both as a taco topping and as a side salad. In either case it is crispy, fresh and bright flavored with hot and spicy back note. My one comment is that if you are planning to serve it as a side salad to a 1 additional teaspoon each of the hone and lime juice. So different and so easy. Thanks Sharon.