Recipe by MnGal
SUPERB!! I love this salad! I am submitting this on behalf of my friend Christa......she is a fantastic cook and came up with this wonderful salad. I thought I would share it with all of you, enjoy! Note: Use a little more mayo than what you think looks right, it is absorbed into the pasta overnight. If it's too dry at first then it will be way too dry the next day. Salad is to be slightly moist after chilling. Cooking time is chilling time. It is best if chilled overnight to get all the flavors soaked in well.
Top Review by cjordan412CA
FANTASTIC!!!! Made a couple adjustments....
I used my own chicken... thighs and drums marinated with a cilantro lime.... instead of red beans I used black beans... and I omitted the jalepenos and olives....
Delightful summer dish!!! AND MAKES TONS!!!! :)
- 1 (16 ounce) box wagon wheel macaroni
- 1 (30 ounce) jar mayonnaise, use approx (3/4 of jar or the whole thing)
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder, less (to taste)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 fresh jalapenos, diced (optional)
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 (12 ounce) cans white and yellow corn, drained
- 2 (12 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) canssliced black olives (Early California)
- 3 (6 ounce) packagesoscar mayer pre-cooked chicken strips (oven roasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken strips with cayenne red pepper (to taste) or Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning (to taste) - set aside.
- Cook pasta 'al dente' - drain and rinse well with cold water.
- In large bowl combine pasta, peppers, corn, beans and onion.
- Next add the chicken, seasonings and mayo. Fold together (pasta and kidney beans can fall apart if you mix too hard).
- Add more seasonings to taste if needed.
- Chill overnight.