Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A good spicy meatless dinner. My husband spoons the mixture onto a flour tortilla, rolls it up, and devours.
Top Review by mjcush
Made this for dinner last night-it was quick and absolutely delicious, and a little different from our ususal refried burritos too! Served it with avocado slices, and DH swears he will make this often and looks forward to the leftovers! Thanks for posting
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or frozen corn kernels)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- hot sauce
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese, cheddar monterey jack with jalapeno pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 10 ingredients to a large skillet.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Uncover and let simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender; stir occasionally.
- Add the cheese and tomatoes; stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.