Recipe by Outta Here
Adapted from a recipe served at Canyon Ranch, Tucson, Arizona. The vinaigrette is lowfat.
- 1⁄4 cup frozen pineapple concentrate
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh spearmint, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh spinach, wash, patted dry and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 4 ounces romaine lettuce, washed, patted dry and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoons roasted red and yellow peppers, diced (from a jar, 4 tbls. each)
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and mashed
- 8 -12 tortilla chips, for garnish (packaged, or make your own)
Directions See How It's Made
- For vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, romaine, onion and tomato. Add vinaigrette and mix well.
- Divide into 4 portions on chilled salad plates. Arrange 1 tablespoon each of the red and yellow peppers over the greens and top with 1 tablespoon mashed avocado.
- Garnish with 2 or 3 tortilla chips on each plate.