Recipe by Dine & Dish
The Jan/Feb 2007 issue of Simple and Delicious magazine has been a goldmine of recipes for my family. This is another hit. I adapted the recipe by adding a few touches and using homemade pizza crust, but you can use a premade crust as well if you'd like.
- 1 pizza crust
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup southwestern salsa
- 1⁄2 cup black beans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded barbecued pork
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow your own crust instructions and then prebake at 400° for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in salsa, black beans and pork.
- Cook for a few minutes until warmed through.
- Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.