Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy dump it in the crock pot recipe with beautiful results.
- 6 links mild Italian sausage, cut to bite size
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans hominy, undrained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and pureed in blender
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning, packet
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Simmer on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Optional: add in a block of baking chocolate for added umph.
- Serve with grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
I can't believe I am the first to review this. This was not only easy but very good. I have never had hominy before. This was different from traditional chili. I love the sausage in the chili. We topped it with sour cream and cheese. Wonderful dinner Thanks!