Dani Jean's Note:
A forcemeat (like spam or liverwurst) with some spice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 chicken legs
- 8 ounces pork fatback, cubed or 8 ounces bacon
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 1 ounce ham, fine dice
- 6 ounces cooked pinto beans
- 3 1/2 ounces roasted and diced green chilies
- aspic, as needed
- 1Sautee and cool minced shallots; set aside.
- 2Sautee and cool minced garlic; set aside.
- 3Debone chicken and chicken legs.
- 4Dice thigh meat (you should have one pound).
- 5Cut breast into 1 inch cubes (you should have 12 oz).
- 6Reserve separately.
- 7Toss the leg meat and fatback with the seasonings (shallots, chili powder, garlic, salt, oregano, white peper, tabasco sauce).
- 8Grind through the fine plate of a meat grinder into a chilled mixing bowl.
- 9Add heavy cream and mix on medium speed for one minute, til homogeneous.
- 11Poach a spoonful o the forcemeat and adjust seasonings as needed before proceeding.
- 12Fold in fine diced ham, pinto beans, and green chiles into forcemeat by hand over an ice bath.
- 13Line a terrine mold with plastic wrap, pack forcemeat into mold and fold over the liner.
- 14Cover the terrine and poach in 170 F water bath in a 300 F oven to an internal temperature of 165 F (60-75 minutes).
- 15Remove terrine from water abth and allow to cool to an internal temperature of 90 to 100°F Add enough aspic to coat and cover the terrine.
- 16Let terrine rest under refrigeration covered with a 2 lb press plate for at least 24 hours and up to two days.
- 17Terrine can be sliced and served or wrap nad refrigerate for up to seven days.
Browse Our Top > 1 Day Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chile-Chicken Terrine
Serving Size: 1 (1628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3084.4
- Calories from Fat 1853
- Total Fat 205.9 g
- Saturated Fat 65.9 g
- Cholesterol 1015.3 mg
- Sodium 9630.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 237.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: