Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe from BHG.com. I'm posting it here because their webpage drives me batty :).
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 (1 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil (use 2 T, I just don't want the nutritionals to be calculated on that much because most is drained of)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, bias-sliced
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3⁄4 cup pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- shredded lettuce (optional) or mixed greens (optional)
- cheese (optional)
- sliced olive (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- In a medium bowl mix water, oil, and fajita seasoning. Add chicken and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onions, zucchini, and bell pepper and saute until tender. Remove from pan.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Place chicken in pan and saute until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add vegetables back to pan and add remaining ingredients. Stir to mix well and heat through.
- Serve with tortillas (corn or flour), olives, lettuce, cheese, extra salsa, avocado -- whatever works for you!
Great base recipe. I used black beans and the family enjoyed it. Went together in less than 30 minutes for me. Thanks for posting!!
I really liked this dish. I omitted the beans. I used a red bell pepper. I served it on tortillas. We didn't add more salsa. We just added grated cheese. Thanks Smellyvegetarian. Made for Market tag.
Great meal! I just made this and even my husband loved it and he doesn't like green peppers (or so he thinks). Very easy and wonderful flavors meld, you won't miss any extra calories. Enjoy! Thanks Smellyvegan!