Recipe by Hey Jude
I buy my salsa at the farmer's market, from a guy who calls his product 'Hair of the Ferret Gourmet Salsa'. It's the best. He also hands out free recipes and this is one of them. It's a delicious way to use up leftover chicken or you can get a grocery store rotisserie chicken and pull the meat off. I use the HOTF medium heat salsa....use whatever salsa you like.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage and drain; combine flour, sausage and 1 cup of the cheese and spread mixture into a 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chicken and top with a mixture of 1 1/2 cups of the salsa and the beans.
- Beat eggs and combine with chiles then stir in 1 cup of the cheese; pour over mixture in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or till edges are golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and serve with remaining 1/2 cup salsa, sour cream and cilantro.