Hey Jude's Note:
I buy my salsa at the farmer's market, from a guy who calls his product 'Hair of the Ferret Gourmet Salsa'. It's the best. He also hands out free recipes and this is one of them. It's a delicious way to use up leftover chicken or you can get a grocery store rotisserie chicken and pull the meat off. I use the HOTF medium heat salsa....use whatever salsa you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sausage and drain; combine flour, sausage and 1 cup of the cheese and spread mixture into a 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- 2Sprinkle with chicken and top with a mixture of 1 1/2 cups of the salsa and the beans.
- 3Beat eggs and combine with chiles then stir in 1 cup of the cheese; pour over mixture in baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- 5Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or till edges are golden brown.
- 6Cool 5 minutes and serve with remaining 1/2 cup salsa, sour cream and cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Chicken Bake
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.9
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 253.3 mg
- Sodium 1180.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 61.2 g