1/1 Photo of Southwest Black Bean Burgers
I was searching for a black bean burger with Southwestern flair and couldn't find the perfect recipe. . .so I devised my own this morning. I use black beans that I cook from dried in the crockpot which I spice up with cumin, a bay leaf, oregano, salt and pepper. If you like things spicy, feel free to use a hot salsa to add heat. If these break, feel free to throw them into a hard taco shell and add some tomato, cheese and sour cream for an excellent vegetarian taco!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash beans with the back of a fork to desired consistency (I like to leave some chunks, but the more chunks the more likely they are to fall apart after cooking).
- 2Add in the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- 3Form into 6 burgers, separate them with wax paper, and then place in the fridge to cool completely before trying to cook (they will stay together better this way).
- 4Turn frying pan to med-high (closer to medium than to high) and add 1 T oil. Cook each burger for about 2-3 minutes on each side (turning ONLY once, otherwise you increase the risk of them falling apart).
- 5NOTE: Feel free to bake these on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for approximately 7 minutes per side or until heated through.
- 6Serve on a bun with a slice of tomato and some guacamole.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Black Bean Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 282.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Fritos corn chips